Broward Tags will be closed November 26-November 29,2020 due to Thanksgiving and we want to wish everyone a safe and healthy Thanksgiving.
From November 25 – 29, all available Florida Highway Patrol Troopers, along with FHP reserve and auxiliary members, will be patrolling the roads to help ensure safe travel.
“As we travel to gather with family and friends this Thanksgiving, please allow sufficient time to get to your destination, buckle up, obey the speed limits, and never drive impaired,”
“Remember, you are sharing the road with our loved ones. Let’s work together to make sure everyone has a blessed holiday season.”
This Thanksgiving, motorists are reminded to:
1. Never drive impaired. Celebrate responsibly and do not get behind the wheel if you have been drinking or took drugs that cause impairment.
2. Plan ahead and find a safe way home every time – designate a driver or use a ride service.
3. Check your tires. Tires are a vehicle’s first line of defense on the road. Check your tire pressure, tread depth and spare tire especially before long trips. Do not overload your vehicle, it can result in premature wear and tire blowouts.
4. Buckle up. A seat belt is your vehicle’s most important safety feature. Florida law requires that all drivers, all front seat passengers and all passengers under the age of 18 wear seat belts or the appropriate child restraints. Seat belts save lives, so buckle up every trip, every time.
5. Register or update your Emergency Contact Information (ECI). ECI is a secure system allowing law enforcement, nationwide, to contact designated family or friends in response to an emergency situation.
6. Observe and obey all speed limits. Speed limits may change as you drive through different types of roadways, so make sure you adjust your speed accordingly. In Florida, the limit will never be over 70 mph.
7. Check traffic conditions. Before leaving for a trip, check traffic conditions and allow sufficient time to arrive at your destination safely.
8. Eliminate distractions. Always remember to keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel, and mind on driving.
9. Don’t get a citation this Thanksgiving Weekend, make sure all your registration is up to date and that you have the proper insurance coverage incase you get into an accident this weekend.
Click on the link below to schedule for tags and title services or insurance services.